LIVE Guitar Jam Server Crash

Hey guys, WOW what a turnout! Thank you soooooooo much for your GREAT AND KIND words! This really makes us want to do SO MUCH more!

Seems we had a better turnout than we expected, there were a bunch of folks who couldn't get connected because the server was bogged down... Can't say I'm disappointed BUT I do have a solution for that too. That's exactly why we did this on short notice and made it very short (like 15 minutes).

SOLUTION: As soon as I can get it uploaded, there will be a replay link for this 1st show.
For the ones who missed it, this is happy news for you.

For those who wouldn't mind seeing it again, it works out for you too!

I can't say that EVERY show will get the same treatment but this is an exception...

I should have the video up on the site soon... Please check back and it should be ready to watch by tomorrow at some point.

Well, I'm off to get ready for the next webinar. I can't thank you enough for being a part of it!

See ya next week!
Doug
http://doug7.com/

4 comments:

  1. Good Idea Doug. & Mitch.. I enjoyed it very much and I'm sending the link to all my friends for next session....Ptrk...(Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, and - Great webinar (I did not now that this word even excisted:-)).

    Here is a couple of tips for you:

    1. If people go to the following link and download the webreader Mozilla Firefox AND dowload the Videohelper - anyone can record the webinar with perfectly with sound and vision. This is really interesting for players who wants to study the playing and learn some of the nice licks. You will find full explanation on how to install on this link:

    http://en.kioskea.net/faq/140-how-to-capture-streaming-videos-from-the-internet

    2. As a guitarist I would really like to have a seperate camera up close on Dougs left hand - and the bass players would probably like the same on the bass players left hand.

    3. One important thing: I live in Norway and had to sit up til 03.30 in the morning to catch the webinar. PLEASE: Do a rerun of the show at 20.30 or thereabouts European time - AND mention it in your email before broadcasting!

    4. I have a suggestion: Doug should introduce a "Lick-of-the-week", and go through it slowly with a camera on his left hand. I hope for something juicy which takes some time to get into one's fingers - and not a short lick. With the option to record the webinar this would keep guitarists glued to the screen.

    Last but not least: Great that somebode finally take advantage of these net possibilities in such a cool and laidback manner - you guys are way ahead!

    Lots of greetings from

    Stein Egeberg
    Chickenpicker and music journo in Oslo, Norway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Doug that was short and sweet, Luv yer Bass player(the guy smokes)an hour jam would be sweeter when u get all the kinks out.Lessons, R. Scags-Country Boy, those trips yer rippin off all the time finger pikin(I think), go through the jazz chords you like so much so the newbies arent lost, the chords where you walk notes around for flavour(a lot of the younger generation are new to the concept)last but not least archive the jam sessions and stuff so that it can be downloaded or accessed by people like me who wish they could be there every time. I have a few students tha I use u to wow them when they get the 'I cant do that its impossible's'. It is great to have you live. I have several of your CD's but live makes it so much more personal. Many times seeing you do it gets the point across better that me doing it. GREAT IDEA!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi guys. I'm not a country guitarist, but i'm really appreciated your performance, your style and your kindless. Both of you are extraordinary musicians and i'm really impressed by your talent. Your generosity is everywhere. Thank you so much for your great heart and art. Thank you Doug for your DVDs. Pierre Vézina. Montréal,Québec, Canada.

    ReplyDelete